-
January 16th, 2002, 10:35 AM
#1
Inactive Member
I just started reading SiP and I love it! I'm collecting the TPBs and I'm at #10 Tropics of Desire. I have some questions and I hope you veteran readers can help me.
1. When did Katchoo and Francine first meet; in high school or earlier than that? I think I read somewhere that they met in 7th grade or something like that.
2. I'm confused about the relationship between Tambi and Katchoo. One moment she's the big villain who's tormenting Katchoo, then suddenly, she's her sweet half-sister! Am I missing something?
And am I the only one who thinks that the Parker girs plot is confusing? It's something like those X-files conspiracy.
Anyway, it's a great comic and I can't wait for the next TPB!
------------------
-
January 16th, 2002, 02:53 PM
#2
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="comic sans ms, jester, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hobbes331:
I hope you veteran readers can help me.
1. When did Katchoo and Francine first meet; in high school or earlier than that? I think I read somewhere that they met in 7th grade or something like that.
2. I'm confused about the relationship between Tambi and Katchoo. One moment she's the big villain who's tormenting Katchoo, then suddenly, she's her sweet half-sister! Am I missing something?
And am I the only one who thinks that the Parker girs plot is confusing?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Answers/Opinions (more of the latter than former):
1. Cannonically, they got to know each other well in High School. We have no info on when they met (though I think I recall that its was suggested in the high school issues that Katchoos family hadn't been in the neighborhood for a very long time) let alone when Katchoo's butt-slapping started. However long they may have been in school together, I hope they didn't interact too much prior to the events we've already seen depicted. IMHO, it spoils some of the effect of the high school issues if they had a long history before that.
2. Tambi went from agressor to partner to loving half-sister in the (vol. 8 & 9). She was never really the big villain (or even the villain) and Bambi had the biggest chip on her shoulder for her half-sister.
and confused by the Parker saga, just wait, we still don't know any of David's secrets in that regard (and Margie, last of the Parker girls is still running around loose).
------------------
A little learning is a dangerous thing; Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: There shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, And drinking largely sobers us again. -Alexander Pope
-
January 16th, 2002, 07:36 PM
#3
HB Forum Owner
-
January 17th, 2002, 09:06 PM
#4
Jaxom 27
Guest
More 2 cents (including a spoiler):
***
***
***
1. I think Terry kinda filled in the sorta question that we are all confused on with this one: The most recnt issue shows a young kinda junior highish Francie dealing with her at least 16 year old brother and she is painfully aware of the blond girl who keeps smacking her ass...so you could say they knew OF each other in junior high, but they didn't really become FRIENDS until high school...
2. This one's been answered pretty much.
3. This one too, but it's OH SO FUN trying to figure it all out...

Oreos, by the by...
------------------
Before allowing drunken friend to cheat on his girl, you must attempt one
intervention. If he is able to get on his feet, look you in the eye, and deliver
a "F...OFF!" You are absolved of your of responsibility.
-
January 17th, 2002, 11:26 PM
#5
-
January 18th, 2002, 03:03 AM
#6
Inactive Member
Thanks for replying, everyone. I'm not reading single issues because I prefer to collect TPBs. I find each issue too short! How I'd wish they would release SIP in phone-book form, like what Dave Sim did for Cerebus 
------------------
-
January 18th, 2002, 03:28 AM
#7
Inactive Member
Hey Hobbess...for a more phone book style, try the hardback collections. You get about 10 or more issues per book. And the fact they are hardback makes them nicer to read. Now they go for $49.95 each, but totally worth it.
Lyric054
------------------
Water under a burning bridge.
-
January 20th, 2002, 01:19 PM
#8
Inactive Member
I seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee........
Cinderela! Far too clever for meee!.. doh'
still it gives me yet another wonderful reson to read them over once more.. =P
------------------
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks